November 15th, 2017
Great turnout this month! The Libertarian Party of Broward County celebrated its monthly Liberty Happy Hour with Seam Theame from Young Americans for Liberty. We also had presentations from Omar Recuero and Adolfo Jimene, the candidates running for Vice Chair as well as Michael Smith who is running for Secretary position. Thank you all for attending.
October 25th, 2017
Jacaranda Restaurant – Plantation, Florida.
Oscar Gallego, Chairman – Present
Omar Recuero, Vice Chairman – Absent
Phillipe Neptune, Treasurer – Present
Michael Smith, Secretary – Present
Adolfo Jiménez, Membership Committeeman – Present
David Wiseman, Membership Committeeman – Absent
Ronal Rollins, Candidate and Political Review – Present
Chair appoint Adolfo Jimenez as Media Relations Director
Vote: 3 – 1
Chair submit “City Delegate Project”
Vote: 3 – 1
Chair open process for candidates to run for Vice Chair and Secretary Positions
Vote: 3 – 1
End of the meeting.
Adolfo Jiménez will be in charge of the media relations subject to the Executive Committed. His duties related from write, send and receive press release from any media organization or government institution
City Delegate Project
The purpose of this project is to monitor the 31 city governments in Broward County, besides the monetarizing. Each delegate has the purpose of promote liberty ideas within its each jurisdiction:
Duties of the city delegate:
- Engage with the city mayor, city commission and meeting agenda
- Develop and maintain database of registered Libertarians in their cities.
- Register new voter as Libertarians.
- Advise people of any legislation that disrupt his/her liberty, private property and freedom of speech.
Requirements to be delegate.
- Live in within city limits for past 6 months.
- Being registered as Libertarian voter in Broward County.
- Be certified by Executive Committee of the Libertarian Party of Broward County.
- Attend and report to the monthly meetings of the Executive Committee of the Libertarian Party of Broward County.
Process to apply for candidacy for Vice Chair and Secretary positions.
Deadline December 14, 2017.
The Libertarian Party of Broward County celebrated its monthly Liberty Happy Hour with Phillips Blumer from U.S. Term Limits. We endorse and support the implementation of term limits at any elected office. Our treasurer, Philippe Neptune, also reported how the city of Hallandale Beach is managing its annual budget.